Friday, 14 March 2014

9 simple storage tips to organise the small things


I love being organised, I love colours so put the two together and I probably go a little overboard! I've put together a few of the simple things I've invested in that saves me heaps of space as well as time looking for things. Of course, there's the added bonus that the kids will put things where they belong, ok there's hope! ;)

Cutlery drawer. Upon the insistence of my daughter, I was happy with my pretty tins on the window but I must admit, this does kinda look better :)

Having just 4 drawers in my kitchen I am hell bent on limiting what goes in them, I admit I do feel the need for a junk draw but it's not this one, nope, its one full of manuals, menus and other paper products 'just in case' and I'm ok with that! This draw sorts the most used things and a teeny tiny little pot for small junk ;)

I was so fed up of washing powder leaking over the worktop so I had a brainwave. This 3 drawer unit is perfect. Each drawer holds approx 4kg powder and as we use 2/3 different ones this sorts it out clearly.

Add a little dessert cup, this 2oz one is the perfect size to fit the drawer and dispense the correct amount of powder per load.

What a fab idea! Not mine, I regret but one I found on the tinternet that is ideal for Charley's smaller books, papers etc as we home school. I also figured it's a great tool for organising the days lessons for him to work through as well as adding any little tools he may need.
  
I showed this one on my home schooling post here, I had to reshare as it's proven ideal for all the stationary he seems to need. I like that it's easy transported to the living room when he fancies a little 'extra' creativity.

A little cute tea cup my sister bought me last year, I knew immediately that it was perfect for the little items.

My little corner that holds the most used utensils. (The orange watering can shouldn't be there!)

Don't  you love storage baskets? They are inexpensive, available in so many colours and perfect for organising any place. Under the sink has been my nemesis for years, till now.

What I've accidentally found with this kind of storage is when the kids are doing their chores, they'll grab a basket and go. i.e. If Charley is folding the laundry, he'll pull out the tea towel basket and put it away.
Simple tins in a prettily decorated box keeps things all in one place.

This was a blog post, read here. I used these tins long after we left the temporary accommodation.



This post can be found here. A secret hiding place I'd created for the teens room.
I'd love to hear your tips for storage.

Debs
Post a Comment