Week three and my little dude is still sick, week two and the teen is also sick... I am assuming that when they are both recovered I will be sick. I have an irrational fear of being ill. But that's for another day. On the 'up' moments with Charley he has been getting down and crafty with my cricut machine. He came up with an idea, I simply followed his directions... An A3 canvas board was covered with some thick fabric then Charley placed his strips of cardstock and numbers exactly where he wanted them. I added a bit of blitzy glitter glue to the push pins {he chose that way to secure them to the board} and job done! He's very impressed with his idea, I a so proud of him for getting something so awesome from his wonderful little mind! Forget the other two advents he has, this is the best....and if he says that over Moshi Monsters then that's the final word!!
I've been practising time management this last few weeks, I set out my to-do list, kept it real for this time of year and set out to achieve three things off the list per day... except Sundays. So far I am on target and I'm kinda proud of myself. Because I found a system that works for me I have been very blessed to have Christmas 'all wrapped up' as they say thanks to my seasonal craft sales... Handmade fabric wreath with a selection of accessories. The popular wreath this year is silver. This mocha and polka is the second favourite. Handmade, lighted garlands. I do these in different sizes and they too have been flying out the door! I feel extremely blessed for the things I've been able to achieve this year, so very different to last year that's for sure :)
Last July, I took the plunge and set up a simple blog to share the short stories that I'd written over the years. It wasn't until I was having a clear-out on my pc that I came across them. I have tended to write them, stick them in the folder and then forget them. So, over time, there has been quite a lot built up. Through July and August, I shared summer and generic themed stories, but with September already upon us, I have themed back-to-school and autumn stories to keep in line with the moment. As you may see a pattern setting here, I will also be adding Halloween, winter and Christmas stories through the rest of the seasons too. All the short stories I share on A Writer's Journey are free to read. They are also included in compilation books that are currently being added to Kindle Unlimited and Amazon. The books have extra stories, as well as there being longer stories. The current average word count for the regular free stories is around 5000 words, so it makes for a g...
Comments