Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Time to create my dream

omd
Remember the last year when I talked of all the changes I was making?

Well they are closer than ever now. The website for The British Homemaker is currently being rebuilt and will {all being well} go live on the 1st March as the vision, the hard work and the dream begins to unveil.

There are writers working on articles as I type, projects in the making and a host of other things which I think you would be interested in. However, there is still room for more monthly contributors on a whole host of subjects. If you are interested go visit the website and look down the left column and see where you fit. They aren’t final categories, just a range that are currently being worked on so far.


For too long I have allowed myself to think that I could not make it, I wasn’t intelligent enough or I didn’t have enough time so while I focused part time on the main website {behind the scenes} I wasn’t giving it the attention my dream really deserved.



It’s only through the final months of last year when I had far too much time on my hands and the chance to really give a long hard look at what I wanted from my life {the mom part is excluded from this} and if I really believed in it anymore. The questions were sometimes tough to answer, the choices I have are varied and the offers I receive are eye opening but when it comes back to it I can’t help but believe in one thing as said by a favourite author, Oriah Mountain Dreamer:



It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.


I want to know what you ache for
and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

I’ve done enough dreaming and limited it’s action, now it’s time for me to begin my dream and give it the attention it truly deserves. That’s not saying I’m giving up all other things I enjoy, it just means my priorities are shifting and I’d really like you on board with me. At 43 I know I have time, energy and inclination to make the dream real, I know I’ve learned enough in my life to be a host of experience to share and support others yet I still have much to learn and to do that I need a  platform … the website … to base it all from.

So if you are with me …. please feel free to either follow this blog for updates, follow The British Homemaker on Facebook (here) or keep eye on the official site.

Debs

Post a Comment