Monday, 23 December 2013

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

I still cannot believe so much time has gone by since I last posted here. What is also amazing is all the good and not so good things that have happened in a few short weeks too!

The biggest and best news I have is my youngest child, my lil dude was finally baptised into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints! He's so badly wanted this for a few years now but its customary to do so when a child turns 8, however with one hiccup after another it wasn't meant to happen so when one of the sisters popped by with the sister missionaries they were determined to make it happen.

Belated Halloween photo but good grief he was awesome in his self made part!
Photos will come shortly {computers off to have a make over today cos usb/s and other bits don't work} but it was a really awesome day with one happy little man hugging me oh so tightly come bedtime thanking me for making it happen. I really can't take the credit for it. I'm so proud of my doodlebug I can burst.

Design my Party Uk is expanding quite considerably come January. We have so many fingers in so many pies I just hope we don't crash and burn before we get the right team of people to sustain the offers and opportunities presented to us that we just couldn't turn down. My official business partner is my very own daughter, Kirsten, who at just 17 has proved to be a true asset to this business. Whilst waiting for her apprenticeship to start {or college which may come first after being let down big time for this academic year} she is putting many hours into DmPUk and her sideline of hair, nails and make-up for our photographer colleagues and friends, Pink Apple Studios. Her hearts desire is to be a midwife, but she's so darn talented that she is willing to work alongside me and PAS full time then shift to part time in due course.

Creating is what makes up the components of my blood. This year there's been over 12 new product lines added!
{apologies for poor photos, my photographer was busy!}
My arthritis is up and down, I've learnt to accept it now for the most part. The physical limitations and restrictions are easier to accept and adjust to but when fatigue visits thats enough to throw me into a whirlwind of depression and bad moods. Thankfully I have a really great support system that has my back when I need it and keeps me going no matter what.

So its Christmas Eve Eve, the day I like best... it's like that breath in moment before the madness of last minute baking, wrapping and probably gift buying. This year I'm oh so organised but there are a couple of things I haven't been able to get for Charley that I totally insist he will get! We've made the decision that as the younger two have had a major main present there will only be 5 other gifts as well as their stocking fillers. There has to be a limit and they pretty much have everything anyway, there' s no point in buying for the sake of it.

Taken from HERE
I sit here in my little, newly created (thanks Jamie!) home work area which is my dining table, grateful that I have a rather large kitchen but freezing cold, I have so much I want to share with the readers of this blog that I just know that it'll create some life here! The British Homemaker is having a whole new face lift too, that will be hosted by myself and  some other trusted admin and therefore in due course this blog will become a source of information, more on the homemaking/family than my personal stuff. Not a bad thing, right? :)

So, if I don't blog again this year, I wish each and every one of you reading this:

Taken from HERE


Debs
Post a Comment