Monday, 3 January 2011

What about 2010?

Whilst working on my year’s plan I got to thinking how last year went. How did it go for you?

  •  Did you do something you had never done before?

I became a Nanna for the first time. I completed my first adult training course so I can now ‘teach’ in schools/colleges etc and I finally mastered my sewing machine!

  •  What was your biggest achievement?

Most definitely the training course for me, it’s much more structured than the workshops I’ve done previously but so much more fun.

  • Have you decided what you want to end 2011 with that you didn’t get to achieve last year?

This year I am determined to read more Lds bio’s and conquor crocheting!

  • What was your biggest failure?

Mine was definitely not taking up the offer of moving abroad. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for so long but either something stops it or I have a change of heart at the last minute.

  • What do you wish you had done more of?

Writing. Decorating and Walking.

  • Or less of?

Facebook!

  • What dominated most of your time?

My family and my work. I learnt how to balance the two and still get fresh air on a daily basis!

  • Do you feel you are happier now than this time last year?

Happier. I believe I learn as I go along, make peace and move on. Last year I was uncoiling from the 2 years in the former house where life was so different than I’d ever known.

  • What was  your most enjoyed movie/song?

It has to be New Moon! Going to see it at the cinema with my friend, Celia was the icing on the cake for me. We ooh’d and aah’d all the way through, but then we are only jealous that' we’ll never qualify for Edward or Jacob fighting over us!!

  • What was the biggest lesson you learnt?

If I’m totally honest, I learnt to accept people more for who they are than who I think they should be. I also learnt that even by doing that some people still bring me down and I don’t always know how to move past it without offending them. I learnt to preserve me and allow the other person to decide if their move is with me or against me. Some you win, some you lose. I also learnt that there are a lot more nasty people in the world than I realised, but I am a woman of strength in ways that I never realised till I had to deal with said people.

So, what’s your 2010 v 2011? Come share with me.

Debs

Post a Comment