Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Update on the Daisy Meeley Trust

For those of you who have been following my neices journey to find a bone marrow match, I am so happy to report that one has now been found and they are working on early March to do the operation!!

Daisy is just 5 years old and was rushed to hospital two days after her 5th birthday last July with suspected Leukemia. After many tests and much messing about it was finally diagnosed as Aplastic Anaemia. Not much is known about his condition and it’s been a hell of journey for Daisy, her mommy and her brothers and nanny. Daisy is a brave little girl who has a lot to give in life and deserves every chance possible to regain her future.

I firmly believe that prayers are answered, in many ways from many people and those who have prayed for her, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My mom and I are going to travel some of this journey with Daisy. You see, she is a girly girl, she loves her long blonde hair and is worried about losing it when she starts chemotherapy. Having been with Daisy throughout this ordeal, my mom has offered to have her hair shaved off in support of her and so she doesn’t feel ‘alone’. Almost at the same time I was considering having my hair shaved to raise enough money to put some quality into Daisy’s life, help with the phenomenal travel expenses to and from Bristol hospital, and all else that my sister needs to finance.

So, while I am now beginning to work on raising awareness to Daisy, I am also preparing to be sponsored for MY hair to be shaved too!

Now for those of you that know me in real life you will know that my hair is my pride and joy, not only does it make sense that I do this under sponsorship but I hope in years to come Daisy will come to realise that its the only way her auntie deb knows how to do something to actually help.

If you are interested in donating something towards this cause then please either comment or email me and I will let you know of the PayPal to use. More info on this soon as I have set up the account.

I’m going to make this as big a deal as I can to try and bring awareness to Aplastic Anaemia, and attempt to bring together those people who have been affected by it. Please, please, if you are a Facebook user, add me or The British Homemaker where there will regular updates to the stages of this journey Smile

Debs

Post a Comment