Friday, 31 December 2010

2010 - 2011

It’s a common thought process to prepare for a better year than the one we leave behind and I think it’s safe to say that we can all move on and move up with each passing year. However, for me, I am mulling over this year for all the truly wonderful things that have happened to me and my family, the opportunities that have come along and the things that have finally clicked into place for life generally.

I am genuinely and humbly thankful for all that 2010 has bought me. I have laughed, I have cried, I have worried, I have stressed and I have loved. In all I have have more than my fair share of good stuff and more than my fair share of challenges too. None of which I would change, not one of them.

I don’t make new years resolutions, I make goals and throughout 2011 I have more goals to work towards. Most of which will be recorded over on my personal blog: Sp4rk1e.

As for The British Homemaker well there has been a twist. I have now been invited to teach adult classes for a range of homemaking subjects, crafts and cooking. I am taking an adult education teaching course to qualify me to accept offers made to me by our local private school from September onwards and I have 6 new people interested in joining me in branches of The British Homemaker. I have a carpenter who is going to run a section on the new site about renovating furniture, how to make quick and easy items for the home and lots of other tips. I have a professional chef wishing to sponsor me, at the moment she and I are emailing back and forth getting a feel for what I want to achieve from her and what she is able to offer. I have a professional author and copy editor interested in sharing good books and literally on all subjects as well as a psychologist doing her own Q&A section.I will also be taking on a weekly radio slot going through a top 10 tips on various aspects of homemaking.

When I say The British Homemaker, I really do mean THE British Homemaker!

I have spent almost a  year working behind the scenes building up the right clientele, sponsors and advertisers as well as the team I have been working with to take TBH across the country. For starters.

So while this blog diary is very minimal, it is only intended as a back drop for the real thing. In due course, the new site will be live and then it’s all systems go.

While it is likely that TBH will become a partnership towards summer time, it is a dead cert that by the end of 2011 many more  people who know who we are and what we do!

So, from me, I hope all YOUR desires and dreams come true for this coming year, be it business or personal, I wish you lots of health, wealth and success.

Debs

 

Post a Comment