Thursday, 28 October 2010

Food Inventory ~ Part 1

Share this post :

Today I decided I was finally going to get a food inventory sorted out so I set about my lists (please tell me you use lists too?!) of ideas on what kind of foods we generally buy. Starting with the fridge I quickly put together a printable document that would be suitable.

Of course, when making up such a detailed list of what is actually in stock means you can’t help but clean and touch up as you go along (see how I’m multitasking here?!) Allowing also for what you usually have but have now ran out of can be tiring on the brain. This is when I made some lemonade just to get rid of the last few lemons that were looking a bit green if you tilted your head to the left and squinted slightly and sad.

Anyway, once the list was made up, saved and printed (ok a couple of copies cos of handwriting errors) I felt ever so grown up and efficient going about a very grown up task which was, in fact, a tedious one. However, I did learn along the way that we just don’t need 24 bulbs of garlic, 4 bunches of spring onions or 3 large iceberg lettuces.

I didn’t bother to take pictures of this project, you would have probably just felt sad for me, yep, the cupboards were bare, the fridge was humming to keep itself company and that’s how it goes when I avoid going food shopping. (Don’t worry, the kids are very well fed and tomorrow I relent and will go!).

Through the rest of this project I shall endeavour to make it more interesting with some details, photos, ideas and all that.

Anyway, if you want a quick print off list sheet to help you on your way then just click below. Other sheets will be available just as soon as I do the project!

Food Itinerary List - Refrigerator



Post a Comment